Sep 4, 2010

DAI505 Fall 2010



Hello, my name is Tomomi Yamada, an international student from Japan. Everyone calls me "Tomo," so I'll go with that.



I have been studying a wide range of Industrial Arts as interdisciplinary, but more focused on Graphic design. Furthermore, I always love watching and taking a picture of Food or something looking so sweet. Like someone always has an inspiration by Music, by Nature, or by Literature, Food inspires me the most. I see beauty and vitality in there, which gives me a creative mind.






The first influence on my choosing this field must be an experience of my childhood. My parents got me into Art school when I was in 1st grade, in addition to an elementary school. In the place, children at any ages, from a 1st grade to high school student, stay and draw free with a professional artist at the same floor. Of course, she taught some techniques for drawing, but never forced to do. So, my canvas was my creative world where I can express any thoughts and feelings as drawings.


After I had studied there for 10 years, I just quit anything related to Arts since my interests headed the other way. However, when I took a graphic design class in a community college, my past encouraged me to get back to the field. Besides, I was more fascinated by designing than Arts.




The vision in my life has been getting obvious these days. Since last December, I have been in Japan for a "job hunting." And fortunately, I got a job in an ads creation company, in Tokyo. I hope I could get a planning position and provide positive influences on our society. Especially, I am very interested in an eco-friendly approach, so I desire working on those kinds of event, products, and business someday. In order to make those things real, I have to finish this class and graduate from SFSU this semester, which is my first step for the future.

Finally, the six key words which describe me will be mild, flexible, assiduous, positive, happy, and PEACE.


What makes you happy? - shot on 5DMKII from Jon Rawlinson on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment